Event Start: Fri, Jul 5, 2019, 4:00PM
Event End: Sun, Jul 7, 2019, 4:00PM
Friday 5th July 2019 to Sunday 7th July 2019
Substation 33 – 31 Mary Street, Kingston QLD 4114
An invitation to get creative in designing a solution for food waste.
Food waste is a major environmental problem, contributing to land fill and greenhouse gas emissions. Rather than waste kitchen scraps, we seek your help to design a prototype composting system that pays credits to households to separate food waste for collection and composting. The compost will be used to grow food for communities to support a local food economy.
Included in your registration is food, fun and connections
This event is aiming to create zero waste – make sure to bring along your keep cup and water bottle.
Friday 5th July
4.00pm – 7.00pm
- The event will kick off at Substation 33 (31 Mary St, Kingston)
- Enjoy dinner while you learn more about the Yarrabilba Community and your task
- Individuals will be organised into teams
Build your prototype
Saturday 6th July
8.00am – 4.00pm
- Enjoy a coffee from the Thom and Ann’s coffee van (8.00am – 10.00am) and a pizza or salad for lunch from the Pizzantica Kombi
- Learn skills in technology development
- 30 minute panel discussion with special guests
- Work in your team to develop your composting prototype
Share your creation
Sunday 7th July
8.00am – 4.00pm
- Enjoy a coffee from the Thom and Ann’s coffee van (8.00am – 10.00am) and lunch from the Rolls Pho Mi food truck
- Learn skills in pitching
- Winning teams will be announced at 3.00pm on Sunday
For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations please email email@example.com
Entry fees will go towards the continued development of electronic waste recycling.
For more information vist the webiste