Event Start: Tue, Jan 21, 2020, 9:00AM
Event End: Thu, Jan 23, 2020, 5:00PM
This course allows participants to understand the foundational knowledge of circular economy (CE), global trends in CE, and importantly the mind shift and communication skills required to facilitate the transformation of the economy from linear to circular.
The course adheres to the philosophy of:
- System thinking for change: Assumptions about how things presently work can be challenged by understanding our personal intentions and the system we want to see.
- Sustainability solutions: We must foster social and institutional learning and experimentation and advancing knowledge through “organisational learning by doing” and make it more effective in order to build institutional capacity for CE.
- Transformative leadership: Building on relational approaches to leadership how can a focus on ‘business for good’ transform the way leaders create change.
- Creating leadership actions: Our thoughts, words and actions have an effect on people that can create the change we want to see in the world. Changing yourself and how you communicate can change your world.
- Participatory approaches to learning: To support learning about the circular economy, we place an emphasis on interdisciplinary, project-based, and storytelling approaches. Our aim is to help people understand how they can influence the complex systems around us.
Griffith University, Southbank, Brisbane, QLD
226 Grey St, South Brisbane
Brisbane, Queensland 4101